Accommodation contracts concluded with the hotel by the hotel and contracts related thereto shall be in accordance with the provisions of this agreement and matters not stipulated in this agreement shall be governed by laws or ordinarily established rules.
2. Where the hotel responds to special contracts to the extent not contrary to laws and customs, regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the special contract shall prevail.
Accomodation Contract Application
A person who intends to apply for a hotel accommodation contract at the hotel, please provide the following information to the hotel:
1) Guest Name
2) Accomodation Date and Expected Arrival Time
3) Accomodation Charges (As a general rule, based on the basic accomodation fee of Appendix Table 1).
4) Other information deemed to be necessary by the hotel.
(2) Should the guest wish to continue their stay beyond what was original signed for in the preceeding paragraph number 2, then the hotel will treat this as a new accomodation contract.
Establishment of Accomodation Contract
A hotel accommodation contract shall be established when the hotel (hotel) accepts the application under the preceding article. It is limited to cases in which the hotel does not approve the contract.
2. When the accommodation contract is established pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel designates the deposit specified by the hotel up to the basic accommodation fee of the staying period (three days when exceeding 3 days) and must be paid.
3. The application fee is first applied to the accommodation fee to be paid by the guest, and when a situation arises in which the provisions of Article 6 and Article 18 apply, in the order of reparations after the penalty fee If there is a remaining amount, it will be refunded upon payment of the fee pursuant to Article 12.
4, If the deposit under paragraph 2 does not pay by the date specified by the hotel pursuant to the provision of the same paragraph, the accommodation contract will be null and void. However, in designating the payment due date of the deposit, the hotel will announce that fact to the guest.
Special provision that does not require payment of deposit
Notwithstanding the provision of paragraph 2 of the preceding article, the hotel may respond to a special agreement that does not require payment of the deposit under the same paragraph after the contract is concluded.
2. In accepting an application for accommodation contract, if the hotel did not request payment of the application fee set forth in paragraph 2 of the preceding article and did not specify the payment due date of the deposit, we will treat as such in accordance with the special agreement of the preceding paragraph
Denial of Accomodation
The hotel may deny accommodations in the following cases:
(1) When the accommodation application does not comply with this agreement
(2) When there is no vacancy at the hotel
(3) When a potential guest finds that there is a possibility of acts contrary to laws and ordinances, public order or good manners and customs concerning accommodation
(4) When a potential guest is clearly recognized as an infectious person
(5) When a burden beyond a reasonable range is requested for accommodation
(6) When we cannot accommodate due to natural disasters, breakdown of facilities, or other unavoidable grounds
(7) When falling under the case of the provisions of Article 5 of the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Oita Prefectural Hotel Industry Law
Right to Cancel Guest Agreements
Guest agreements may be cancelled by the hotel if the following:
2. The hotel may terminate the whole or part of the accommodation contract due to the reason that the guests to be responsible in the event of cancellation(cancels payment of the deposit listed in Article 3 provision, paragraph 2 except when the guest has requested a refund and has cancelled the accommodation contract prior to payment) shall pay a penalty fee pursuant to the schedule listed in the Appended Table 2. However, when the hotel responds to the special agreement of Article 4, paragraph 1, regarding the obligation to pay penalties when the guest cancels the accommodation contract.
3. The guest does not arrive to the hotel before 8:00 PM on the day of the accommodation (except when specified beforehand that the arrival time will be late, or 5 hours have lapsed) on the day of the accommodation without contacting the hotel, the hotel will deem the contact to be cancelled by the guest and will be processed as such.
The Right of the Hotel to Cancel Contract
In the following cases, the hotel (hotel) may cancel the accommodation contract.
(1) For guests concerning accommodation, acts contrary to laws and ordinances, public order or if it is deemed there is a possibility of doing so, or when it is recognized that the act was done
(2) When guests clearly have an infectious disease(s)
(3) When an unreasonable request is made for accommodation that cannot be met
(4) When it is not possible to accommodate due to reasons natural disasters etc
(5) Applicable to the cases described in Article 5 of Oita Prefecture Hotel Businesses Ordinance
(6) When not complying with no smoking in bedrooms, damage against firefighting equipment, etc., other prohibitions on use regulations prescribed by the hotel (limited to those necessary for fire prevention) 2, Based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph. When cancelling the accommodation contract, we do not charge for accommodation services etc. that guests have not yet received.
Registration of accommodation (Check-in)
Guests are required to register the following items at the front desk of the hotel on the day which they will stay:
(1) Name, age, gender, address and occupation of guests
(2) For foreigners, nationality, passport number, entry place and date of entry
(3) Departure date and scheduled departure time
(4) Other matters deemed to be necessary by the hotel
2. When guests intend to pay the fee of Article 12 by an alternate method which will substitute for currency such as traveling checks, accommodation tickets, credit cards, etc., and must be presented at the time of check-in at the hotel.
Guests can use accommodations in the hotel from 3 pm to 10 am the following morning. However, in case of continuous stays, guests may stay all day except on the arrival and departure date.
2. In spite of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the hotel may deem it viable to use rooms outside of the time specified in the same paragraph. In this case the following additional fee will be charged.
(1) Up to 3 hours, 30% of the equivalent amount of room charge
(2) Up to 6 hours, 60% of the equivalent amount of room charge
(3) Over 6 hours over 100% of the equivalent amount of room charge
3, the equivalent amount of room in the preceding paragraph shall be 70% of the basic accommodation fee.
Compliance of Usage Rules
Guests must follow the rules of use posted in the hotel as determined by the hotel while in the hotel.
3, The equivalent amount of room in the preceding paragraph shall be 70% of the basic accommodation fee.
Hours of Operation
The opening hours of the main facilities etc. of the hotel are as follows, and detailed business hours of other facilities etc. will be announced in the provision brochure, which has information of each facility, and the service directory in the room etc.
(1) Front Cashier etc. Service Time Closes at 11:00 PM
Front Desk and room service 10:00PM
(2) Food and Beverage (facilities) Service Time
-Daily Breakfast: 7: 00 am – 9: 00 am (at the venue)
-Lunch: 11: 00 – 2: 00 pm (venue/room)
-Dinner: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm (venue/room)
-Other: Coffee shop: 7:30 am ~ Variable according to the season
-Bar: 7:30 am ~ Variation according to the season
(3) incidental service facility time:
-shops: 7:30 am ~ fluctuating depending on the season
The time set forth in the preceding paragraph may be changed on occasion if unavoidable necessity is required. In that case, we inform you with the appropriate method.
The breakdown of accommodation fee etc. to be paid by the guest shall be based on the schedule listed in Appended Table 1. 2. The payment of the accommodation fee etc. in the preceding paragraph shall be paid by currency or a method such as travel checks, accommodation tickets, credit cards, etc. accepted by the hotel, at the time of departure or at the time requested by the hotel at the reception desk.
3. If the hotel provides a room to the guests and the guests are able to stay, the accommodation fee will be charged after usage.
Responsibility of the Hotel
The hotel will compensate guests who have suffered damage during the lodging contract or related contracts in the event that the fault is with the hotel. However, if this is not the case, then the guest will be responsible for their own damages.
2. The hotel has received the appropriate certifications from fire fighting institution but in order to cope with an emergency such as fire, we are using Ryokan Liability insurance in case of those unlikely events.
In the Event Rooms Cannot Be Provided
When the hotel cannot provide a room for guests with reservations, we will arrange other accommodations under the same conditions with the consent of the guests when possible.
2. The hotel will compensate the guest a penalty proportionate to the penalty payment amount when other accommodation facilities cannot be provided regardless of the provisions of the preceding paragraph, and the compensation fee will be appropriated for damages compensation. However, if there is no reason attributable to the hotel’s responsibility in which the guests is not satisfied, we will not pay compensation fee.
Care of Deposited Items
If the guest deposits an item with the hotel at the front desk, the hotel will compensate the guest in the event that the item is damaged, lost etc., and will compensate the guest for the value of the item up to 150,000 yen. The hotel will require the guest to identify the value of the valuables so as the hotel is aware of its value in the event of damage or loss etc., in order to compensate properly.
2. For goods that are not deposited at the hotels reception but are lost or damaged due to negligence or intentional mishandling of the valuable, the hotel will compensate the guest for the item up to a limit of 150,000 yen unless the guest has previously notified the hotel the type and value of the item ahead of time.
Storage of baggage or carryon items
When a guest arrives at the hotel, the hotel will only be responsible for baggage of the guest when the hotel consents to accept the items prior to arrival and check-in.
2. When guests have forgotten baggage or carryon items, the hotel will inform the owner if it is found as well as instructions on what to do to reclaim the item and what the hotel should do as well. However, if the owner cannot be contacted or no instructions are given, the item will be held for 7 days, including the day it was discovered, then it will be delivered to the nearest police station (koban).
3. The responsibility of the hotel concerning the storage of baggage of carryon items of guests in the case of the preceding two paragraphs shall fall under the provisions of paragraph 1 and paragraph 2.
Guests can use the parking lot of the hotel, however, regardless if the keys of the vehicle are handed over to the hotel, the hotel takes no responsibility for the management of the vehicle. However, in the case of damage caused by intentional mishandling or negligence, the hotel will assume responsibility for compensation.
When the hotel suffers damage due to negligence or willfully intentional acts of the guest, the guest shall compensate the hotel for the damage.
Appended Table 1 Breakdown of accommodation fee etc. (Relating to Article 2, Paragraph 1 and Article 12 Paragraph 1)
Remarks 1. Child fee applies to elementary school students and below, 70% of adult fare when providing meals and beddings that are similar to adults, 50% when offering children’s meals and bedding, for bedding only I will get 30%. For infants who do not provide bedding and meals, 1,000 yen will be paid per person. (Limited to inns setting infant charges)
Amendment of Article 2 penalty charge (related to Article 6, paragraph 2)
Note 1. % is the percentage of the basic accomodation charges to penalty for cancelling reservation charges.
2. If the days reserved are shortened, the hotel will collect a penalty of 1 day regardless of the amount of shortened days.
3. If there is a cancellation of the reservation for part of a group of guests (15 people or more), 10% of the number of the guests 10 days prior to the stay (the day the application to stay was received).
Regarding the contract provision of the agreement provision between “Hotel and customer”, the district court that has jurisdiction over the hotel shall mediate in accordance with the Japanese law of accommodations.